TERMS OF SERVICE
"Biscuit Boutique" means Biscuit Boutique B.V. is a company incorporated in the Netherlands and our company number is 863170596, registered in the Netherlands, also referred to as "we" or "us" in these terms and conditions.
We want to give you a fantastic service and for you to be really happy with us. But if you've sent or received a Biscuit Boutique pressie and you're not over the moon about the experience, please email us straight away. Our address is email@example.com. We'll do our very best to get back to you within 24 hours, and we'll do everything we can to put things right for you.
We take payment when you place your order rather than at the time of dispatch. This is to help avoid any last-minute hitches that might delay your delivery. We cannot accept an order until we've checked and approved it, and if there is a problem, we'll be in touch within three working days. We run special offers from time to time, and these are to be used independently, not in combination.
We make all our biscuits to order; please allow two business days for your items to be dispatched.
However, this period may vary due to busy seasons such as Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Eid Mubarak etc. And just so you know, we don't send out any items on the weekend.
Corporate Orders Policy
All orders are to be paid in full upon confirmation. Production will not start until payment is received so late payment may affect delivery dates. If you wish to cancel your order, please note the following points. If an order is cancelled more than 60 days before the agreed dispatch date, a 90% refund will be offered. If an order is cancelled between 60 and 30 days in advance of the agreed dispatch date, a 50% refund will be offered. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any refund if the order is cancelled with less than 30 days notice before the agreed date of dispatch.
We will often provide seasonal offers via our newsletter and in our brochures. These are valid online at www.biscuitboutique.com unless stated otherwise. These will be valid for a limited time only; please see the expiry date in the newsletter or brochure. A discount will be provided once the stated code is entered at the online checkout. Offers will not include delivery unless otherwise indicated. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with other offers unless stated otherwise. Offers exclude bespoke orders and corporate orders unless stated otherwise. As our special offers are contingent on availability, we may change the terms of special offers and promotional codes or withdraw them together at any time and without prior notice. We also reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to offer different personalised special offers and promotions, and it will therefore only be possible for the customer in receipt of the special offer to redeem the discount.
From time to time, we will provide seasonal offers for free delivery. These are subject to the terms stated above. In addition, they will always have an order threshold of at least €20 or more and will be applicable on orders being sent to one address only within the Netherlands. We also offer free delivery on orders over €60 sent to a single address. We cannot offer free delivery if your order is over €60 but is being sent to more than one address.
All of our deliveries are handled by DPD, who advise that their Tracked service delivery can take between one to two working days in the Netherlands. 98% of DPD parcels arrive the very next day, but some can take an extra day and therefore is not a guaranteed service. Unfortunately, we're not able to take responsibility for any delays on their part. But if there are any problems, we'll do our best to let you know as soon as we can. DPD categorises a parcel as 'lost' if it still hasn't been delivered after 15 working days. If your parcel has still not arrived after this time, we'll happily offer you a refund or send your parcel out again; completely up to you.
We use DPD as our standard service. You will receive a notification email from them the day before the item is due to arrive and then another on the day of delivery specifying your 1-hour delivery slot. Should you wish to amend any of the delivery details, advise a safe place or leave with a neighbour, you can do so by following the link in the notification emails. Please note, if your parcel is undeliverable for any reason not in our control and is being returned, we will offer a re-delivery for the usual shipping fee depending on your delivery address region.
Our courier company guarantees their deliveries for the next working day, but they can't cover delays that are out of their control. And although we pass any specific delivery instructions on to them, we can't guarantee that the driver will carry these out.
We're not able to accept responsibility for return postage costs or items lost or damaged in transit to us or any other circumstances beyond our control, except at our discretion. Please note any re-delivery instructions will carry additional return and re-shipping charges.
We guarantee to dispatch your order according to our courier partner's delivery promise. DPD offers "Next Day" delivery, so we dispatch your order the "working day" before your chosen delivery date. However, due to uncertain times, the courier may have to delay your order. If your delivery is delayed, DPD will inform you by email or SMS. Unfortunately, we're not able to take responsibility for any delays caused by the courier partner DPD and such a situation is out of our control.
We send deliveries to selected European countries (Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, France, Denmark and Austria) using DPD road services. Once they arrive at their destination, they'll need to be signed for.
DPD parcels are tracked throughout the whole of their delivery journey and need a signature.
We're not able to accept responsibility for return postage costs or items lost or damaged in transit to us or any other circumstances beyond our control, except at our discretion. Please note any re-delivery instructions will carry additional return and re-shipping charges. Please note, that we do not offer a refund for returned and undeliverable items.
We reserve the right not to send a message that may contain offensive and/or inappropriate content.
We reserve the right to withdraw our discounts at any time.
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Biscuit Boutique website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected on these pages are:
Name Address Email address Phone number Credit/Debit Card Information
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient's address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
Name Address Phone Number
The Way We Use Information
By entering into an agreement with us when you place an order, enter a competition or prize draw run by us or on our behalf, you have consented to the use of your data. You may ask us at any point not to share your information with third parties for this purpose by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to design our website better and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form. Still, we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may use "cookies" for administrative purposes such as cataloguing traffic patterns throughout the site and can use a "cookie" to assign a "User ID" for this purpose. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to find out the identity of any user. If you have a user ID this will automatically identify your computer – but not you – to our servers when you visit our site. Unless you specifically tell us, we will never know who you are, even if we do assign a cookie to your computer.
Other companies that advertise on our site may also have the ability to assign a different cookie to you in a process that we do not control. However, since cookies aren't useable for identifying individuals, these advertisers will never know who you are – and we will not reveal that information to them.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Summary of terms
Browser Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application. The most popular ones are Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Cookie Message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie's main objective is to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them, for example, by welcoming them by name the next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, email address and interests.
IP (Internet Protocol) All networks connected to the Internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood. IP address If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example, it may look something like this 126.96.36.199 Web Server Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.
Competitions and offers
From time to time, we run competitions on our site Biscuitboutique.com. The below terms and conditions apply.
* Competition details form part of these terms and conditions
* Entry is open to residents of Europe except for employees (and their families) of Biscuit Boutique, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
* The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over, and proof of identity and age may be required.
* Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
* All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
* Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
* No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
* The prizes are, as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
* Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions.
* The winner(s) is(are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel.
* The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
* In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
* Unless stated otherwise, the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
* Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
* Confirmation of the prize will also be made in writing to the winner(s).
* Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
* Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
* In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
SALE OF GOODS WEBSITE DISCLAIMER
1. The Content on Our Site does not constitute advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. [Professional or specialist advice should always be sought before taking any action [relating to any purchase] OR [on the basis of any information provided on Our Site].]
2. Insofar as is permitted by law, We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure. If, as a result of Our failure to exercise reasonable care and skill, any digital content from Our Site damages your device or other digital content belonging to you and you are a consumer, you may be entitled to certain legal remedies. For more details concerning your rights and remedies as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
3. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date. Please note that this exception does not apply to information concerning goods for sale through Our Site.