LAST UPDATED NOVEMBER 2020
Since we have your details, it only seems fair for you to have ours. Biscuit Boutique Limited is a company incorporated in England and our company number is 12015441. Basically, we make sure to tell all concerned about the information we have squirrelled away. Honesty is the best policy, after all.
Still got a burning question? Feel free to contact us at:
The Management Biscuit Boutique Limited 71-75 Shelton Street
London WC2H 9JQ
You can also email us firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect your personal information?
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online, or when you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how customers use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience.
We collect your data:
* When you purchase from us at www.biscuitboutique.co we ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address, items ordered and payment details.
* If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
* If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
* If you enter any competition or complete a survey (that we send you for research purposes) run by Biscuit Boutique.
* Biscuit Boutique and third-party providers of advertisements may also collect information regarding your visit to www.biscuiteers.com. This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
* When you contact Biscuit Boutique by telephone or email.
* When you visit www.biscuitboutique.co the Biscuit Boutique web server may automatically record your public internet protocol (‘IP’) address.
* Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
At Biscuit Boutique we like to get to know our customers – after all, this is how we find new ways to provide you with an extraordinary experience. We use information about you in a number of ways, including providing services that you have requested, offering you a personalised experience and informing you about special events or exciting Biscuit Boutique news. We might also use the information we have to contact you about any information we might need to process your orders, returns or queries.
For more information, see below:
To carry out our business and to provide a service with you:
Fulfilment of and delivery of products and services you have ordered. We may share your personal information with our delivery partners and third party concessions.
* To process payments. Biscuit Boutique does not store any payment card numbers once the transaction has been completed. We share your personal information with credit card companies and other payment providers.
* To contact you with important information relating to your purchase, such as confirming your order (including click and collect), reviews on our products or services, letting you know about returns and refunds. We share your information with our communication partners for this purpose.
* We will contact you back regarding an enquiry you made to us through one of our contact us forms, over social media, in-store or at an event. We will respond via the email address or contact telephone number provided.
Where we have your consent:
* To send you special offers, our latest news, events and promotions that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so or we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time – see below for more details. • To show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. Online advertising channels we may use are: digital display, search engine marketing, paid social – these are all on third party sites or platforms. • If successful when entering any of our competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 15th November 2019 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
What are your rights?
Right of access – You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and request access to your personal data.
You can make a request by email to email@example.com, or in writing to: The Management Biscuit Boutique Limited 71-75 Shelton Street
London WC2H 9JQ
In the first instance we will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We will without delay and within 1 month of your request:
* confirm what personal data we hold about you;
* provide a copy of the data in commonly used electronic format if the request is made electronically.
We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Rights of Rectification and Erasure (the right to be forgotten) You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate or no longer necessary. You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
How to unsubscribe from marketing communications?
Marketing communications may be sent by either electronically via email or physically through the post. We would be sad to say goodbye, but if at any point you do not wish to hear from us there are a number of ways you can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
If you do not wish to continue to receive email marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email. Each “unsubscribe” link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or review communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our product or business review communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
Alternatively, you can contact our customer services by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use one of these contact methods to opt-out of postal communications.
Third party links and services
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SSL and Encryption
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standards. We use encryption to safeguard your personal information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce.
Alternatively, you can write to us at: The Management
Biscuit Boutique Limited 71-75 Shelton Street
London WC2H 9JQ